Saturday, May 2, 2015

Sick Day

Happy Saturday! Today I am feeling under the weather, but using it as an excuse to do things that make me feel better. I think its important to do this kind of thing even if we aren't sick, just to check in with ourselves. My favorite yogi Adriene (check out her youtube channel "Yoga with Adriene" here) uses this phrase "check in" and I really like it. Its different than saying you need to fix whats wrong in your life. We all go through spots where things just aren't going well (whether its as simple as being sick, or your entire life is on its head) and "checking in" is really about noticing those things. Its good to notice and embrace every part of them, and do what we can to make it a more pleasant experience.

ALSO... side note (: Finally a picture of my favorite tea cup.

So to jump into today's post. 
I'm trying to approach this whole sickness deal with the "rest and relaxation" process. 
If you know me, you know I have long blonde hair. I've donated it 3 or 4 times (I've lost count) and so many people ask me how I grow it so fast. The answer is.... HAIR MASKS. I know it may sound crazy, but honestly... It. Works. To make it grow  I use an egg mask (2 egg yolks, 1 tbs olive oil, leave in for 30 min) but to make it strong I use coconut oil. I find that using coconut oil also makes my hair grow because its not as fragile and the ends aren't breaking off. I used Trader Joe's coconut oil for two years and it was okay. But THEN I discovered this stuff.
It seriously goes in my hair so easily. Its more like a lotion texture instead of being hard and chunky (ew I hate that word). 

So yeah I just cover all of my hair with this stuff, put it in a bun or a braid, and leave it in for as long as possible. I usually leave it in for a few hours but you should give it at least 30 minutes. Some people sleep in it but I personally think that's kinda gross plus I would never be able to sleep in a shower cap. Just shampoo it out when you've soaked up all the time you can (it usually takes me about 3 shampoos just to be safe).

I then took a hot bath, did my nails, and did my hair for tomorrow (yes, i really am so lazy that I occasionally do my hair the night before).  Here are the products i used: 

Beauty Protector's Protect & Oil.... Can I just say, this stuff is AMAZING. By far the best hair oil I've tried! 

xoxo
B



3 comments:

  1. Coconut oil *is* amazing. :) My hair uses anything as an excuse to split, but coconut oil definitely helps.... Last Saturday I did everything imaginable except my homework, including writing an ebook about maintaining long hair, and anyway, you bet coconut oil is right there in Chapter 7. :)

    I'm also pretty sure that how much water you drink plays a role in hair growth. Somewhere between that and just generally being healthy. All I know is that since Ive started carrying water in some way or form my hair has actually started to grow. At this rate I might be at knee by the end of the year and that is just insane to think about.

    Sorry if I start spamming you with outrageously long comments and if I would have known Dutchfest was a thing, I probably would have been there, if only for the food. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh Where can I read this ebook? and you're probably right, but I haven't been drinking as much water as I used to! The water in this area is funky, haha! But don't apologize, I love reading/replying to your comments. Yeah Dutchfest is a thing, its Shalom Christian Academys annual fundraiser. Since my mom used to teach through them, we go every year.

      Delete
  2. Nice. I'll be lucky to have it on Amazon or anywhere else by the time that school lets out....mainly because I have no money to pay for a cover. I'd come across one place that had really nice ones going pretty cheap, but seems I dreamed it because I cant find the link anywhere in my browser histories (totally annoying!) Also because, well, at the moment, cramming :)

    ReplyDelete